Friday, March 29, 2013

In class this week, we were talking about how to be good parents. I am not married yet and I do not have children, but someday I hope to be a wife and a mother, so I found this discussion interesting. One of the things that I really liked from the discussion was that we talked about how when we are parenting, we should let children experience the natural consequences of their actions as much as it is possible, so that they can learn for themselves. There are only very rare cases when we should not let children experience the natural consequences of their choices and this is when it the choices that are children make will have consequences that are too dangerous for them or when the natural consequences of the choices that our children make could hurt others or damage property. I liked this idea, because I always seem to learn more and retain more when my parents have worked to guide me in making choices and decisions, rather than forcing me to do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here