Friday, March 8, 2013

We were learning today about how the way that we think can influence not only our thoughts, but also our moods, our abilities to reason and our actions. When we think negative thoughts, even if they are true, they can skew the way that we view life and the way that we feel about ourselves and about others. When we think positively and try to look for the good, this also affects the way we feel about ourselves and about our circumstances and this influences the way that we view other people as well. I was thinking about how being positive and doing something as simple as changing our thoughts for the good can change so many other aspects of life. I was also thinking about how this idea relates to faith. Faith requires us to stretch and to act and when we exercise faith, this means that we are leaving our doubts behind and choosing to believe that something good can come from any circumstance and any trial that we may face. When we have faith, we are able to hope for a bright future and I believe we are allowing ourselves the chance to be happy. I feel like I needed to hear both of these messages this week and I am going to try to consciously work on having more faith and thinking thoughts that are more positive, so that my thoughts can lead me to greater faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here