Friday, March 22, 2013

We talked about the importance of work in families this past week in class. Most of what we talked about in class I had already learned from personal experience in my own family. I had learned how to work hard from my parents. They always made sure that we worked before we played and that we made schoolwork and chores a priority. I am very grateful for my parents teaching me this, because I feel like I was better prepared to live on my own now and to work to earn money to go to school and to do other things in life.

My favorite part of class though, was today when we talked about the importance of having a budget, paying tithing, and having insurance. I liked talking about this today, because all of these were practical ways that we could put our trust in the Lord and also be self-reliant, and I liked that it wasn't just about having food storage, although that is a part of provident living, but another important part of provident living was being smart about our finances and about our life. We can do this by putting the Lord first when we pay our tithing and by making a budget and distinguishing our needs from our wants. We can also strive to live within our means and to work together with our spouse to discuss financial issues. I also liked how it talked about setting up a savings fund for emergencies and other savings for big purchases. I found the pamphlet, One for the Money very helpful and I hope to be able to apply these principles in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment here